RSS DataSource in QML with XML-namespaces

Daniel Marth danielmarth at gmx.at
Mon Jul 25 01:42:26 UTC 2011

Hallo!

I was playing around with the QML-RSS-Now-plasmoid and modified it a bit to
only fetch feeds from a fixed URL. This was no problem as long as I used simple
item names like "link" and "title". But some items in the XML-structure of RSS
have colons in their names (for XML-namespaces), like "dc:creator". As I found
out such names are common in RSS and even recommended.
Are these items accessible to the delegate in any way? The
"plasmaengineexplorer" just didn't show me these items, so I guess the XML
parser just skips them.

Regards,
Daniel

Links:
RSS-Now: https://projects.kde.org/projects/playground/base/declarative-
plasmoids/repository/revisions/master/entry/rssnow/
Example RSS-feed:
http://www.nytimes.com/services/xml/rss/userland/Education.xml
<author> vs. <dc:creator>: http://www.lowter.com/blogs/2008/2/9/rss-dccreator-
author