Setting a plasmoid on desktop border

Markus Slopianka markus.s at kdemail.net
Sat Jul 2 11:16:16 CEST 2011

I don't get the problem. If you want a contact list integrated into Plasma Desktop, add a
panel and drop the list onto it, like it's already possible since ages with Lancelot's
contacts IM plasmoid.
With a panel you can set size, visibility, etc.
That has also the advantage that you can set how windows react to it. Eg it can act as
edge of the workspace, meaning that maximized windows don't overlap it.

Markus