Setting a plasmoid on desktop border

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Jul 6 10:24:23 CEST 2011

On Friday, July 1, 2011 16:49:48 Francesco Nwokeka wrote:
> Another option given to me was that I were to write my own containment. But
> so would this involve writing code for the Plasma desktop.
>
> Do you guys have any proposals?

as the others have said: this should happen in a panel.

what i see as being different in your mockup is a tab on the side of the
screen that can be clicked on to pull out said panel. that would be a feature
that belongs in plasma-desktop so that any panel could be similarly "tabbed".

this really isn't the sort of decision an individual plasmoid should make,
however, as the assumptions are highly specific to the given shell (desktop,
netbook, tablet, etc) and plasmoids should work "everywhere" as much as
possible.

so an interesting experiment/direction could be to add a new kind of panel to
plasma-desktop that has such a screen-edge tab.

humru othro a kohnu se