roadmap of the chime feature in the analog clock

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Fri Jan 14 14:16:50 CET 2011

On Friday, January 14, 2011 05:48:01 sunny sharma wrote:
> First of all i apologize for being silent so long since I was stucked with
> no internet connection availability and also my lappy crashed.
>
> Here is the synopsis which i would work on regarding the chime feature of
> the analog clock.
>
> 1. I talked to notmart yesterday and came to a conclusion that the chime
> feature would be added as a tab in the GENERAL page of the analog clock
> general settings.
>
> 2. It may contain chime in bold letters and will contain 2 tabs one for the
> user to select the time interval for the clock to chime. 3. Secondly, it
> would contain another tab which would allow the user to select the music
> of their own choice.
>
> Please have a look at these points and provide me with a feedback.

That's really a lot of UI for a such a fringe feature. I'm not sure we want
to overload the user with configuration options for that, to be honest.

For the digital clock, I'd find it too much definitely. For the analog one,
not being the default, it might be acceptable. (Not my call to make though.)
--
sebas