another interesting bug.. this time performance related

Artur de Souza asouza at kde.org
Wed Feb 23 17:56:07 CET 2011

Quoting todd rme <toddrme2178 at gmail.com>:
> I'm not familiar with QML, so I apologize if this is a silly question,
> but how much (if any) would this restrict the capabilities of
> third-party task manager widgets?  We have widgets like smooth tasks,
> fancy tasks, and flexible tasks that implement a lot of functionality
> that is lacking in the default task widget.  Would they still be able
> to implement all of this functionality in QML if you add the stuff to
> the data engine?

I wouldn't restrict at all the other task manager plasmoids. You can
still use the dataengine with c++ so it would at most require some
changes in their code due to a new interface in the dataengine..but
just that...

http://claimid.com/morpheuz
Blog: http://blog.morpheuz.cc
PGP: 0xDBEEAAC3 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net