another interesting bug.. this time performance related

todd rme toddrme2178 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 17:44:44 CET 2011

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 8:56 AM, Sebastian Kügler <sebas at kde.org> wrote:
> On Saturday, February 19, 2011 20:24:29 Marco Martin wrote:
>> > this is probably beyond my QML skills as i still haven't found the time
>> > to properly throw myself into QML yet.
>
> I'm finding the time these days... :)
>
>> > but i'm happy to write the model
>> > and retro-fit the tasks widget for a QML widget.
>
> Either that, or we add everything needed to the tasks dataengine, and your
> model is created automatically. We'd need to make the tasks engine bi-
> directional for this, no? (I think right now it only lists, but can't
> manipulate tasks, i.e. restore.
>
> sebas

I'm not familiar with QML, so I apologize if this is a silly question,
but how much (if any) would this restrict the capabilities of
third-party task manager widgets?  We have widgets like smooth tasks,
fancy tasks, and flexible tasks that implement a lot of functionality
that is lacking in the default task widget.  Would they still be able
to implement all of this functionality in QML if you add the stuff to
the data engine?

-Todd