another interesting bug.. this time performance related

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 18:06:07 CET 2011

On Wednesday 23 February 2011, todd rme wrote:

> I'm not familiar with QML, so I apologize if this is a silly question,
> but how much (if any) would this restrict the capabilities of
> third-party task manager widgets?  We have widgets like smooth tasks,
> fancy tasks, and flexible tasks that implement a lot of functionality
> that is lacking in the default task widget.  Would they still be able
> to implement all of this functionality in QML if you add the stuff to
> the data engine?

perhaps it could restrict the most crazy stuff...
however, for 3rd party task widgets, doing customizations over the default
one, if the data model provides enough information they need, it could even
become dramatically easier (and less likely to just silently crash each new
release of kde i might add :p)

Cheers,
Marco Martin