[plasma] Plasma-Components

Daker Fernandes dakerfp at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 15:16:48 CET 2011

2011/2/17 Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com>

> On Thursday 17 February 2011, you wrote:
> > Hello Marco,
>
> Hi Daker,
>
> > I've been interested to contribute with KDE since I've started to work
> with
> > Qt/QML and I think the GSoC is a great oportunity for contributing.
>
> this would be awesome :)
>
> > I've been working on QtComponents for the last few months and I think
> that
> > creating the Plasma Components would be a nice contribution.
> > I talked with Artur Souza and he suggested me to go to the Plasma
> Tokamak,
> > which I want to go even without the GSoC.
> > I already put my name on the Attendees list.
> >
> > :-)
>
> great! looking forward to see you there
>
> > I also have a few questions about the plasma-components:
> >
> > There's a list of components TBD? If so, where I can find them?
> > How QML runs on plasma?
> > Where can I find any doc. of how the styling mechanisms work on plasma?
>
> since it's just starting, unfortunately there isn't much documentation, btw
> you'll find most of the code in the KDE git repository kde-runtime under
> plasma/declarativecomponents. those are items already exported in qml and
> released with 4.6 (including th theming mechanism managed by the SvgItem
> and
> FrameSvgItem qml items)

Did you mean the plasma/declarative branch? If so, I'm already on it.
Here I have BusyWidget, FlashingLabel.. that's allright?

I haven't compiled yet, but I'll need some help for sure.

> in the branch plasma/declarative here there is a pretty early components
> set
> (api still don't really follow qtcomponents specification, was more a quick
> and dirty thing)
>
> the components to be implemented and their api is
> http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTCOMPONENTS-200x
>
> unfortunately is still changing so will have to be adapted while is
> progressing, but since you're also in contact with artur and the rest of
> the
> team will be easy i guess :)

I'm already familiar with the changes. :-)

> important chnnels to communicate with us, that make things way easier are
> #plasma irc channel on freenode
> and plasma-devel at kde.org

Already on them!

> Chers,
> Marco Martin

Daker Fernandes Pinheiro
CS Undergraduate Student at Federal University of Pernambuco