plasmapkg removing

Nowardev-Team nowardev at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 11:31:28 UTC 2011

> if the plugin name changed, then yes, you need to uninstall the old plugin.
> alternatively, it may just be that kbuidsycoca4 needs to be run. in any
> case,
> take a look at what is in ~/.kde/share/kde4/services. the entries for the
> various items shoudl be there.
>
> thank you :D i felt lost removing
~/.kde/share/apps/plasma/layout-templates  was not enough :) now i am able
to reset well my little dirty job

> that said .. the "Remove Panels" entry looks out of place and makes me
> realize
> that if we really want to fully exploit the power of these scripts, that i
> probably need to expand this beyond a simple "Add Panels" menu entry :) if
> you
> have any suggestions for it could look ... let me know.
>
> agree, what i think :

1  there should be something to DOWNLOAD template ,Like activities does, m
from kde-apps or look website,

2  another thing i think is important , not for me , but for users it's an
entry to SAVE AND BACKUP, i guess saving the plasma*rc files should be
enough , and of course RESTORE your panels

3:) and well an entry to  kill\destroy\ panels :D (aka reset or remove all
panels )

I dunno how hard it could be ... but maybe a kcm module? :D

also, as you are distributing 3rd party add-ons, entries like this are a bit
> unfortunate:
>
> X-KDE-PluginInfo-Name=org.kde.plasma-desktop.RemovePanel
>
> because if we ever shipped a "RemovePanel" it would then conflict with
> yours,
> and that would not be good. i suggest replacing org.kde.plasma-desktop with
> smoething like nowardev or some other namespace you can be relatively
> confident
> others (e.g. upstream Plasma) won't use
>
> oh shit , i copied from yours default panels , sure i will do :)

> p.s. the collection of scripts is getting really rather impressive. i just
> checked out the svn module and will poke my nose around in their some more
> :)
>
> thanks for me it is fun  , ahahhaha even this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiOgsG1GCBo omg shame on me xD

have nice day!