plasmapkg removing

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Dec 21 10:03:10 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, December 20, 2011 11:10:13 Nowardev-Team wrote:
> i have created a Remove panels but it is shown like 1_Remove panel that was
> the name i given to it before
> and even gnome2 is lowercase
>
> :S i have to remove something ?

if the plugin name changed, then yes, you need to uninstall the old plugin.
alternatively, it may just be that kbuidsycoca4 needs to be run. in any case,
take a look at what is in ~/.kde/share/kde4/services. the entries for the
various items shoudl be there.

that said .. the "Remove Panels" entry looks out of place and makes me realize
that if we really want to fully exploit the power of these scripts, that i
probably need to expand this beyond a simple "Add Panels" menu entry :) if you
have any suggestions for it could look ... let me know.

also, as you are distributing 3rd party add-ons, entries like this are a bit
unfortunate:

X-KDE-PluginInfo-Name=org.kde.plasma-desktop.RemovePanel

because if we ever shipped a "RemovePanel" it would then conflict with yours,
and that would not be good. i suggest replacing org.kde.plasma-desktop with
smoething like nowardev or some other namespace you can be relatively confident
others (e.g. upstream Plasma) won't use

p.s. the collection of scripts is getting really rather impressive. i just
checked out the svn module and will poke my nose around in their some more :)

humru othro a kohnu se