Small QML related questions...

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Sun Dec 18 17:43:06 UTC 2011

Hi all,

three small QML/Plasma related questions that came up while working on Kickoff
and no notmart on IRC to ping ;-). All are related to changing layout based on
location.

1. How to get the enum values "LeftEdge", "TopEdge" and so on. I get
plasmoid.location but that's just a number. No matter what I tried QML gave me
an undefined value for the edge values. Documentation on techbase could be
better there. I will add a note when I figured that out.

2. Is it possible to get a vertical TabBar with the PlasmaComponents? I would
like to use that if Kickoff is placed on a left/right panel as with the
current version.

3. Is it possible to somehow visually connect the selected TabButton with the
tab content? That's one of the things the classic Kickoff is doing quite
nicely and I think this could help in general to make it more clear that these
are Tabs.

Cheers
Martin