Small QML related questions...

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sun Dec 18 21:07:46 UTC 2011

On Sunday, December 18, 2011 18:43:06 Martin =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Gr=E4=DFlin?=
wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> three small QML/Plasma related questions that came up while working on
> Kickoff and no notmart on IRC to ping ;-). All are related to changing
> layout based on location.
>
> 1. How to get the enum values "LeftEdge", "TopEdge" and so on. I get
> plasmoid.location but that's just a number. No matter what I tried QML gave
> me an undefined value for the edge values.

should be just: LeftEdge.

in libplasma2's script engines these will be namespaced instead of drifiting in
the global namespace.

> Documentation on techbase could
> be better there. I will add a note when I figured that out.

thanks :)

> 2. Is it possible to get a vertical TabBar with the PlasmaComponents? I
> would like to use that if Kickoff is placed on a left/right panel as with
> the current version.

not sure; i don't think so, but this should be addable for 4.9.

> 3. Is it possible to somehow visually connect the selected TabButton with
> the tab content? That's one of the things the classic Kickoff is doing
> quite nicely and I think this could help in general to make it more clear
> that these are Tabs.

not really; this is where we need to decide to either:

* think about how we want TabBar to look and make it so that it looks "more
integrated" everywhere (ala kickoff)

* or we decide not to, make something specific for kickoff in QML

humru othro a kohnu se