Opinion on config dialog for QML plasmoids

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 08:31:34 UTC 2011

On Thursday 18 August 2011, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 17, 2011 22:52:14 Marco Martin wrote:
> > i would say ship it (well, after is tested :p)
>
> ok; i'll try and find the time to test it. shouldn't be too hard to do so.
>
> > how does this sound? and does seem feasible enough?
>
> i think so; it keeps backwards compatibility with a path forward for QML.
> being able to not use KConfigDialog in the QML case would also be a win.

for that i think we should repurpose a bit AbstractDialogManager, used now to
embed kconfigdialogs in a proxy widget for plasma-mobile.

that thing should be able to create the config dialog whatever it is
KConfigDialog or qgraphicsview, even tough would still require config dialogs
to be in a separate window. (so to be a factory of a qwidget or qwindow in
case of qt5)

Cheers,
Marco Martin