Opinion on config dialog for QML plasmoids

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Aug 17 11:17:41 UTC 2011

On Wednesday, August 17, 2011 12:00:13 Marco Martin wrote:
> On Monday 04 July 2011, Viranch Mehta wrote:
> me merged in master is the system kcms missing.an easy way would be adding
in the applet desktop file what kcms it needs,

that could be the easy way to do it, but i wouldn't be against adding them to
the .desktop file. see attached untested patch.

how configuration from applets happens really needs to be re-examined in
libplasma2. what we have now is great for a QWidget world and a monolithic
kdelibs. in the modularized world of the future(tm) and with things being in
QML, the current approach is not the bets and perhaps not every really
workable.

something that i need to look into and whch we will probably need to make some
hard decisions about.

humru othro a kohnu se