Opinion on config dialog for QML plasmoids

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 10:00:13 UTC 2011

On Monday 04 July 2011, Viranch Mehta wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Currently the only way QML applets can have customized config dialog is to
> put the config.ui file in the main.qml directory which is loaded when
> settings are
> opened.
>
> We have reached a use case where we need a number of settings that
> are categorized into tabs on left side of the config dialog (like the one
> in device notifier, which loads the KCM module from the system settings).
> This would have to be implemented in the bindings, but not too sure if it
> should be done due to the uncertainty of this particular kind of use case.

no more ideas on this?
at the moment the only thing stopping the battery and the device notifier to
me merged in master is the system kcms missing.
an easy way would be adding in the applet desktop file what kcms it needs, but
i'm quite uneasy on that since is pretty a narrow use case.

otherwise those 2 plasmoids have to be converted in a c++/qml hybrid

Cheers,
Marco Martin