QML applet in panel

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 09:56:02 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 17 August 2011, Shaun Reich wrote:
> How does sizing work for a QML applet in the panel? Are there any
> examples of this in action, as I couldn't find any. I'd want something
> like what the device notifier has, except for the various
> {konsole,konq,kate}session applets -- since they're holding
> essentially the same contents.

that is an open problem.
qml doesn't have size hints
at the moment the hardcoded width: and height: of the root item are taken as
minimum size for the plasmoid
it still doesn't get automatically updated.

i'm plannig to do that (will have to be in 4.7 since master is frozen, but
that fixes a pretty bad bug)
but you would still have to calculate the minimum width/height by hand that is
not completely trivial

> (bit off topic) ...but what's happening with
> https://projects.kde.org/projects/playground/base/declarative-plasmoids/rep
> ository ... if this is active I would have thought it'd make more sense to
> be e.g. some branch of workspace
> I'm interested because when I'm not working on other things, I'd like
> to chip in on porting some applets to qml (as there are plenty to go
> around ;-)

yes, most of the ports are in branches in workspace, that one was used as a
separate repo because they were more "experiments" that have some big problems
in being complete ports (like, calendar integration with the clock, good
config dialogs for the rss client)

--
Marco Martin