DataEngine update speed

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Aug 15 09:36:03 UTC 2011

On Sunday, August 14, 2011 06:25:57 Weng Xuetian wrote:
> Hi Plasma World,I have wrote a DataEngine to sync with a very frequently
> updated textsource (say nearly 10 times a second), currently I'm using
> aPlasma.IconWidget to show the text, but I found that the update of
> text cannot catch up the updated speed.

first, sources in DataEngines are limited to 20 updates per second. but that's
twice as fast as your 10 times / second, so shouldn't be an issue.

most likely it is simply that the painting is too slow.

try to do some performance measurements in the code to see where the slow down
is.

humru othro a kohnu se