DataEngine update speed

Weng Xuetian wengxt at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 22:25:57 UTC 2011

Hi Plasma World,
I have wrote a DataEngine to sync with a very frequently updated text
source (say nearly 10 times a second), currently I'm using a
Plasma.IconWidget to show the text, but I found that the update of text
cannot catch up the updated speed. This remind me about some other
plasma demo video, like new kmix with dataengine, drag the slider isn't
so smooth.

Is this a limitation to dataengine? I try to use a very small interval
(previously I didn't use interval), but the update speed still cannot
catch up.

Regards,
Xuetian