DataEngine update speed

Weng Xuetian wengxt at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 11:20:32 UTC 2011

在 2011年8月15日 Monday 11:36:03,Aaron J. Seigo 写道:
> On Sunday, August 14, 2011 06:25:57 Weng Xuetian wrote:
> > Hi Plasma World,I have wrote a DataEngine to sync with a very frequently
> > updated textsource (say nearly 10 times a second), currently I'm using
> > aPlasma.IconWidget to show the text, but I found that the update of
> > text cannot catch up the updated speed.
>
> first, sources in DataEngines are limited to 20 updates per second. but
> that's twice as fast as your 10 times / second, so shouldn't be an issue.
>
> most likely it is simply that the painting is too slow.
>
> try to do some performance measurements in the code to see where the slow
> down is.

emm, you are right, I add print to onDataChanged, and the stdout give the
correct result as I want.

At last I find that PlasmaWidgets.IconWidget's text update is not fast enough.
If I use QML Text, it will works very well.

Is there a bug in PlasmaWidgets.IconWidget?