today's meeting notes

Nuno Pinheiro nuno.pinheiro at kdab.com
Mon Sep 13 10:51:36 CEST 2010

A Segunda, 13 de Setembro de 2010 09:45:38 Marco Martin você escreveu:
> On Monday 13 September 2010, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > hi all..
> >
> > thanks to everyone who attended, here are notes from today's meeting on
> > irc:
> >
> > http://community.kde.org/Plasma/20100912
>
> ok, thanks a lot, and sorry aain to not be able to be there.

I make Marco words mine.

> I have some points to make/questions to ask on the points highlighted
> there:
>
> * Plasma Mobile:
>  - agree on the big work needed on the system tray, hope Yuen can still
> work on it, i will help tough
>  - agree on extragear as location
>  - activity switching must be bade way prettier code wise. at the moment
> there is too much hardcoded stuff for my pleasing, will take a look
>  - with konact mobile... yes, i feel potentilly there is a quite big amount
> of duplication, honestly didn't had the energy to ctually check tough :)

Ben working with Artur in some things in kontact-mobile (main reson i was not
able to do much kde work latly was kontact mobile), good news are that I think
I have now a good basis for a "tooklit style", (butons, input areas,
toglebuton etc) that fits the dpi of mobiles, its a bit office serius like but
it works.

> * QtComponents/ QML bindings
>  - we need a timeframe for QtComponents, but i guess it will pass a quite
> long time before it makes it in a qt release
>  - i think that for this reason bindings for the plasma widgets are still
> needed, at worst the plasma widgets could get replaced by qml counterparts
> with the exact set of properties
>  - i would still like them to make it for 4.6, big issues remaining are the
> use of a private qt class for dataengines (this really makes me cry) and
> i18n (did kontact mobile solved that?) support for QIcons/KIcons would be
> nice as well
>
> * Activities
>  - i still have to understand if i really want activities on plasma
> netbook/mobile or if containments are enough for the job
>
> * Classroom
>  - still didn't get involved too much in tat one, one thing i can think of
> it is improved remote widgets (and maybe a way to have remote dataengines
> on local applets, maybe mixed with  local dataengines) could be helpful
> there, for instance the calendar dataengine example in the wiki page.
>  Could be post 4.6 material at this point tough

failing big time here must find some free time, to atleast port my
presentation at tokamac here. had some conversations with a study group of
this area here, they seam interested in doing reviews.

other random notes#, will make some adjustments to air style in the taskbar
hope to do a new splashscreen and kdm style ....

Nuno Pinheiro | nuno.pinheiro at kdab.com | UI Designer