today's meeting notes

Artur de Souza asouza at kde.org
Mon Sep 13 11:40:39 CEST 2010

Quoting Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com>:
> * QtComponents/ QML bindings
>  - we need a timeframe for QtComponents, but i guess it will pass a
> quite long
> time before it makes it in a qt release
>  - i think that for this reason bindings for the plasma widgets are still
> needed, at worst the plasma widgets could get replaced by qml counterparts
> with the exact set of properties

We need to talk about this during the mobile sprint :) The conclusions
that are coming out from qt-components are showing that it's not worth
it the bindings of the *widgets* (the other stuff I'm sure it's worth
it - also to enable 'QML plasmoids'). Writing a QML version of our
widgets would be easier and faster, and we would "just" need a bridge
between them and our theming stuff. Anyway, we can talk more about
this on IRC and at the sprint :)

>  - i would still like them to make it for 4.6, big issues remaining are the
> use of a private qt class for dataengines (this really makes me cry) and i18n
> (did kontact mobile solved that?) support for QIcons/KIcons would be nice as
> well

Yep, Kontact Mobile solved this issues providing a bridge between the
i18n() functions and also for the KIcon loading. It would be nice to
reuse code. Otherwise it would be simple to do the same thing.

Cheers!

Artur