Why rotate widgets?

Anton Kreuzkamp akreuzkamp at web.de
Tue Sep 7 23:31:51 CEST 2010

The problem by that is that in perspective transformation you can't simply
turn it, but you need a vanishing point. Currently QTransform has a method to
rotate by the X- and Y-Axis but it sets the Y-coordinate automatically to 0
(relative to the widgets top) and so the 3D-effect isn't really convincing...
So you see a GUI for that wouldn't be as simple as rotating...

At the moment my method has the arguments axis (I'm still wondering how to use
something like Qt::Axis) and the x- and y-coordinates of the vanishing point.
The next step will be to retransform it on moving (I've still not found the
right place the moving is done in plasma).
Would be great if someone could answer these questions :)