Why rotate widgets?

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Tue Sep 7 13:13:45 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 07 September 2010 12:00:15 Markus Slopianka wrote:
> Hi.
> I wonder why Plasma widgets in Plasma Desktop can be rotated. Why would
> anyone need individual widgets to be upside down? Isn't this one of those
> micro-options we once stated to get rid of?
>
> Markus

Most Picture Frame users have several such applets on their desktop and rotate
them to get a visually improved desktop. The Picture Frame applet is probably
the strongest use case in rotating widgets.
I don't imagine using it without the rotation.

When did we state we would give up on some options?

Anne-Marie