Why rotate widgets?

Anton Kreuzkamp akreuzkamp at web.de
Tue Sep 7 12:25:16 CEST 2010

I can't answer your question, as I'm not the one who wrote it, but I agree
that it is needless for the normal user.
Nevertheless I think that there are a couple of users who are using it.

I would propose to add a rotate() method to the desktop-scripting and remove
the option in the GUI. So powerusers can use it and for normal users it
doesn't clutter the interface.
The same way I'm currently implementing a more powerful transform method ( to
provide a 3D-look), so I could simply add a rotate() method together with it.

cheers, Anton