Default activities

Mario Fux kde-ml at unormal.org
Mon Oct 18 14:45:34 CEST 2010

Good morning

So I start a new thread to discuss some (possible) default activities for KDE
Plasma 4.6.

Do I need to add something to the release thing on techbase? Is there a freeze
near?

But first I'll go through the comments in aaron's blog and through most of the
KDE application (in SC and outside).

So here my (not all ideas are originally mine!) proposal for some default
activities:
- Development: Kdevelop, Konqueror with api.kde.org open, Dolphin with kdesdk
open
- Internet: KMail, Konqueror/Rekonq, Akregator
- Photo: Digikam, Gwenview
- Office: KWord, KSpread & KPresenter
- Graphic: Krita, Gwenview, Ksnapshot
- Multimedia (or Video and Music separate): Dragon Player, Amarok, (kaffeine),
Kccd
- Education: Marble, Parley, Cantor, KPotatoGuy
(- Or different edu actitives? does it clash with Plasma classroom? And is it
possible that one provides different activities, probably with GHNS
integration?)
- Games: A KDE card game, a KDE arcade game, ...

This "research" does not include anything about the apps config or nepomuk
activity application integration as I've trunk not working atm on any of my
machine (should change sooner rather the later).

The longer I think about the more ideas I've for activites. Can't wait for it
;-). Will be a great feature on Plasma but we need to promote it as this.

Another idea I had is to take the applications out of the menu categories:
- Internet activity
- Graphics actitivy
- Games activity
- Education activity