Colour scheme problems after revision 1185467

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Oct 29 19:21:44 CEST 2010

On Sunday, October 24, 2010, Ivan Cukic wrote:
> But, it is not the end of the problems - now the text-boxes in dark themes
> have white text and white background.

this is likely because the exact same palette is being used by all of the
widgets. previously, the palettes that were being generated from the theme
were being generated by each widget. duplicated code -> inconsistency.

previously, LineEdit was using the ButtonTextColor for QPalette::Text. now it
is using TextColor. only SpinBox and LineEdit were doing this: all the other
widgets set QPalette::Text to TextColor. ugh.

i also noticed when looking at this that some widgets also set ButtonText to
TextColor as well. i'm not sure that was ever right... let's see what happens
when it is always set to ButtonText as it logically should be.

i'll commit shortly after compiling and testing.

> I guess the text boxes use the same colour as the labels, so that the
> themes need to be changed?

that would break too many themes that already exist.

humru othro a kohnu se