[patch] Fix network monitor colors and stacking

Michel Lafon-Puyo michel.lafonpuyo at gmail.com
Tue May 18 08:45:02 CEST 2010

Hi,

I'm currently working on improvements for the system-monitor applet (see
http://reviewboard.kde.org/r/3950/) so I could help on this discussion.

Le mardi 18 mai 2010 01:58:09, Aaron J. Seigo a écrit :
> * using hardcoded colors isn't going to work with all themes; this needs
> to  use the Plasma::Theme colors in the some way, even if it means expsing
> more of the colors in the color scheme to do so

I think the plotters should use the Plasma::Theme colors by default but could
it be a configuration option too?

In fact, a lot of configuration stuff is duplicated among the various applets
(hdd, net, cpu...). This should be implemented as part as the base class
(SM::Applet). The color of the lines could be one of the configuration items.

At the moment, I don't know if "by source" configuration could be useful. We
could choose the height of each plotters, their type (graphical, analogical
like the temperature applet, text...) and of course their color. Any thought
about that? Is it too much configuration options for an applet?

I'm sorry if I have hijacked this thread. Anyway, I'm planning to work on this
configuration generalization so I could add the color configuration to my todo
list if you're ok with it.

Michel Lafon-Puyo