[patch] Fix network monitor colors and stacking

Petri Damstén petri.damsten at gmail.com
Tue May 18 09:26:47 CEST 2010

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 9:45 AM, Michel Lafon-Puyo
<michel.lafonpuyo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently working on improvements for the system-monitor applet (see
> http://reviewboard.kde.org/r/3950/) so I could help on this discussion.
>
> Le mardi 18 mai 2010 01:58:09, Aaron J. Seigo a écrit :
>> * using hardcoded colors isn't going to work with all themes; this needs
>> to  use the Plasma::Theme colors in the some way, even if it means expsing
>> more of the colors in the color scheme to do so
>
> I think the plotters should use the Plasma::Theme colors by default but could
> it be a configuration option too?

Currently they do. Text and background colors are used with some
KColorUtils::tint. If Plasma theme could provide colors for this kind
of use it would be great.

> In fact, a lot of configuration stuff is duplicated among the various applets
> (hdd, net, cpu...). This should be implemented as part as the base class
> (SM::Applet). The color of the lines could be one of the configuration items.
>
> At the moment, I don't know if "by source" configuration could be useful. We
> could choose the height of each plotters, their type (graphical, analogical
> like the temperature applet, text...) and of course their color. Any thought
> about that? Is it too much configuration options for an applet?

I have also made a complex plotter for those who want tweak everything
(http://kde-look.org/content/show.php/Complex+Plotter?content=111400).
I would like to keep default plotter as clean as possible, but I
really don't know anymore what it should have and what not?

Petri