PMC use case

Christophe Olinger olingerc at binarylooks.com
Tue Mar 30 13:22:16 CEST 2010

Hey everybody,

I think it will be really difficult to have the UI scale from 50"
screens right down to 5" screens. At the moment we use a top panel for
playback control (and mode switching) and will use a bottom panel for
displaying information about media. The bottom panel might be reusable
for a big screen UI, but the playback control migth have to be
transformed into something else. Anyway, the way Alessandro designed
the basic libs behind mediacenter should make it easy to have a second
UI widget for playback control that could replace the top panel in a
big screen scenario. I am not even sure that we have to do this. Maybe
the whole UI does scale up and down nicely. As soon as I get my patch
in, we can test this.

Concerning your other ideas, Sebastian, they should be implementable
easily and most of them are part of the initial design already. Did
you have a look at the techbase page?

Cheers

Chris