PMC use case

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Mar 30 13:14:25 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 30 March 2010 13:10:46 Marco Martin wrote:
> On Tuesday 30 March 2010, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> > (*) I've played around with a wiimote last weekend and now have a
> > Qt-style class that can be used to interact with the features of a
> > wiimote, buttons, LEDs, accelerometers and haptic feedback at this
> > point. I've got myself a copy of O'Reilly's "designing gestural
> > interfaces", and I think we can get quite far, from a functionality and
> > an intuitiveness point of view by using such a device as main
> > controller. That's something I work on in a lost hour here and there.
>
> could it be developed directly into MediaceterComponents folder in
> playground?

It's actually where I put it for casual hacking, just haven't dcommitted it :D

> so the library will already have an user and can be
> developed/tested quickly (and if will work so well and is so useful it
> will eventually find its way lower down the stack :))

Yes, it's very much an experiment right now, and I'm a bit unsure where exactly in
the stack it would fit in. (Reducing its to a mouse device would probably hurt the
usefulness of most of its features.)

Anyway, as I said, I'll clean it up so it doesn't look too embarrassing so others cal
play around with it, too.

sebas