4.5 - Activities

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Mar 10 04:50:52 CET 2010

On March 9, 2010, Chani wrote:
> well yeah, but then when the screen is disconnected you can't get at the
> containment(s) that were on it until you reconnect a screen.
> or do you think that's just not important?

i can imagine use cases where it's important, but it's something we can
address later easily enough.

or maybe we could get it nearly "for free" when we get around to stashing
containments that are associated with a screen that doesn't currently exist;
we could show these other containments as part of the activity that can be
switched between, perhaps via a popup or other "slide out" in the activity
switcher.

but yes, there is a lot of groundwork that needs to be done first before we
get to this chasm-in-need-of-a-bridge and i don't see anything that would
create a blocker to building that bridge when we need to.

humru othro a kohnu se