plasma memory/pixmap leak ?

R.F. Pels ruurd at tiscali.nl
Wed Jun 2 20:40:28 CEST 2010

>> So, basically, the short answer is 'No'.
>
> there is no instrumentation system, no. much like most other plugin
> based software out there. if you'd like to develop something, that'd
> be great.

Huh. Methinks that would require at least SOME community effort. Ehm,
ISTM that this isn't something one can invent and develop on its own.
Pointers? Where to start?

> we do have ways of finding out where problems are, though it's a bit
> manual and involves running individual components. at least plasma
> is highly componentized enough that things can be tested in relative
> isolation.

Pity. Basically, we're forgetting to address the pesky issue of
instrumenting our work (oh yes, BTDTGTT, in most cases driven by
deadline stress).

--
R.F. Pels,               Boogerd 1, 1791 GW  Den Burg, The Netherlands
ruurd at tiscali.nl      +31612914545        http://home.tiscali.nl/ruurd