Subject: Re: On Plasmate's recent project list

Shantanu Tushar Jha jhahoneyk at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 14:58:56 CET 2010

On 1/24/10, Yuen Hoe Lim <yuenhoe86 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Uhm I dont get your concern; if you tar all the plasmate project directory
>> for example, and then untar it, you also tar each git project history
>> (because every project has its own local git repo). Thus, when untar-ing,
>> you'll get both your projetc files and git repo for free :)
>>

> Really? That's why I said I don't know much about git. So the git local
> repository is wholly contained in the folders themselves? That'll make
> things a lot simpler. Does that also mean that if I just delete the project
> folder the git repository goes down with it? :)

Yep, even I was wondering why you were saying that. The whole git repo
info, the packs etc are there in .git. So, AFAIK, just saving the
contents will do.
I can implement this "backup-n-restore" thing once you're done with
the "More Projects" option :)

--
Shantanu Tushar    (UTC +0530)
http://www.shantanutushar.com