Prefetching in Comic Strip plasmoid

Miha Čančula miha.cancula at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 00:01:12 CET 2010

I hope this is the right list for this, as I saw in the archives there was already some talk about the applet.

I have a habit (started by the same plasmoid) of going through comic from the first one to the last one. I found it annoying having to wait for the next strip to load, while most of the time I was reading and the network was free. So I implemented a very simeple prefetching technique: When a strip is loaded, the next one is requested from the engine. Since the engine uses caching, it is immediately available upon pressing the "next" arrow.

I found if very useful and even included a patch for it against today's trunk. I know the compilation is in some kind of a freeze so this may not be a good time, but it might be useful to have in the next release.