Plasma and newcomers

Luca Beltrame einar at heavensinferno.net
Mon Feb 15 19:53:00 CET 2010

In data lunedì 15 febbraio 2010 18:14:45, Aaron J. Seigo ha scritto:

> ("here's kwin manual, now here's the control panel manual...") and towards
> a more "what the user actually perceives" approach ("here's the manual for
> your desktop..")

That was the idea, yes.

> more proactive where the people/person maintaining the Plasma pages gets
> together with the Plasma developers on a regular basis (perhaps on IRC,

I could do that, in fact I'm often on IRC (einar77). Usually my policy is to
look up information as much as possible if it's been already published
(reading MLs, blogs, etc...) and as a last resort ask people (not because I
don't like it, but because I know most are awfully busy).

> like an outsider peering in :) maybe they should visit us at an upcoming
> Tokamak or at Akademy as well ...

Akademy's on my plate (I have an abstract in the works) so that could be done.

> as well as things that could be improved on. we can work on making it
> better together. can we start by scheduling a real time meeting on irc?

Sure! I'd be very happy actually as recently I've been missing a lot of stuff.
I'm very interested in the developers' feedback, especially since like this
they communicate what they are interested in the userbase to perceive (I've
done a few things in that direction, removing "Plasmoids" and other jargon
from the current FAQ page).