Task Manager Suggestion : show only icons

Julien Richard-Foy julien.rf at no-log.org
Mon Feb 15 16:28:13 CET 2010

Hello,

I think it would be nice if the user could choice to show only tasks icons (no
window title) in the task manager applet (see the attached screenshot).
The idea is to combine this option with the “group automatically by name”
option.

I tried to write a patch for that but I'm not sure of what I'm doing, and
anyway it doesn't work as expected: the size of task items is still too big,
and the size of the icon too small.

I've just added a showOnlyIcon attribute to the AbstractTaskItem class, which
controls to show or not the text when the item is painted. And I've modified
the configuration dialog accordingly.

What do you think about this suggestion?
How am I supposed to do it properly?

Best regards,
Julien