The state of KWin

Ignat Semenov ragnarokk91 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 19:36:57 CET 2010

Hello guys and plasma-devel!

You might still remember me from the summer days, a guy most of the time
hanging out in #plasma and #oxygen as thorgt. ATM I've got a job,
essentially an internship, here in Russia which most likely is going to
continue at lest till summer, when... well when I'm finally free. So Martin
is talking about known KDE developers or near-developers (at least I hope
they're included as well :)), especially students. I'd like to say you
already have one, looking to find a GSOC application and maybe (in the
long-term) something in the area of full-time or part-time KDE developer,
sorta what you call a sponsorship or something, hope that's not too dire,
but that's what I'm aiming for.

So here's hoping to get involved on a regular and official basis from a
Russian tech guy, C++ fan and Qt/KDE fanboy as well, although not an expert
nor a pro yet, and definitely a Linux fan, as well as a long time Fedora
user :) Just so you could possibly look forward to one more unit of manpower
in summer.

Is it possible to get into GSOC reliably in this or other way? Who decides
that anyway, you or some GSOC committee? You might say that it's too early,
but it's better to do things earlier that later anyway, don't you think? And
mind you I'm from Russia, but that should not be a problem anyway, hope so
at least.

Cheers,
Ignat Semenov aka thorGT