The state of KWin

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sun Dec 26 19:53:45 CET 2010

On Sunday, December 26, 2010, Ignat Semenov wrote:
> So here's hoping to get involved on a regular and official basis from a

awesome :) great to see your name around again ...

> Is it possible to get into GSOC reliably in this or other way? Who decides
> that anyway, you or some GSOC committee?

we pick the best proposals for our projects, and then together as a group KDE
people divide up the number of slots we get amongst the various teams within
KDE according to need, demand, quality of proposals, etc.

> You might say that it's too early,

not at all; i like to see that kind of initiative. we can't promise anything,
but being involved before GSoC is a great way to increase your chances.

> but it's better to do things earlier that later anyway, don't you think?

yep :)

> And mind you I'm from Russia, but that should not be a problem anyway,

your country of origin doesn't matter at all when it comes to this :)

all that matters is that you are enrolled as a student in a university at the
time of GSoC and that you have a good idea for your project.

humru othro a kohnu se