Plasma desktop init scripting

Jamie Birse boo.birse at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 12:03:01 CET 2010

HI KDE devs,
I have posted this problem on formum.kde.org and it was suggested I
contact this email for help
My post:
http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=92001

So the short story is I can not get the plasma-destop/init/ script to
set the wallpaper or apply icon changes.
The icons appear on second login as they are set in
plasma-desktop-appletsrc but the desktop wallpaper is set to the
default.
First is this possible?
Is this a container in a container issue?
Am I missing something obvious or undocumented.
is there something more powerful than reloadConfig()?

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW: I really like the ECMA scripting for configuration management of desktops.
Keep up the good work.

Your friendly Linux Mint KDE developer.
Cheers
Jamie