LCDNumber in JavaScript plasmoid

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 10:54:39 CET 2010

On Tuesday 21 December 2010, Stefan Zimmer wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I want to integrade a LCDNumber into my JavaScript plasmoid. But the
> following code causes an error
>
>       var lcdNumber = new LCDNumber();
>
> Of course i also tested various variants including QLCDNumber, LcdNumber,
> QLcdNumber, ... Crating an configuration dialog (config.ui) using the
> qtcreator, I can insert an QLCDNumber, but not programatically.
>
> Any Ideas why?

widgets on qgraphicsscene (so also on plasma) are not qwidget, so what is
available in tdesigner has nothing to do with it.
it is possible to use qwidgets from C++ with the qgraphicsproxywidget concept,
however doesn't work that good.
it's not possible to add new kind of proxywidgets from javascript, only use
the default plasma widget set.

however in 4.6 with the qml script engine will be pretty easy to write fancy
widgets (like an lcd display) directly in qml included in the plasmoid sources

Cheers,
Marco Martin