quick note on git and a question

Martin Gräßlin kde at martin-graesslin.com
Wed Dec 1 21:53:56 CET 2010

On Wednesday 01 December 2010 21:35:59 Ian Monroe wrote:
> One question I have is, especially in light of the three requested
> repos for kdebase, do we want pre-4.0 history in git? KOffice
> specifically wants their 'deep history', but it might be less useful
> for kdebase due to the huge amount of redesign.
KWin's history dates back to KDE 2 and big parts are largely unchanged for the
last years. Only major new part is compositing which also dates back to be
pre-4.0. I just picked one file (client.cpp) and did a git blame and there are
still lines dating back to 1999 with the last change.

I don't know if it is useful to have this information, but it happened a few
times that I went through some revisions several years ago.

Would it be possible to include only the full history for the sub-projects
still present in todays kdebase-workspace (e.g. kwin and kdm)?