quick note on git and a question

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Wed Dec 1 21:35:59 CET 2010

So as was discussed on IRC last week, I'm going to be working on
converting kdelibs and kdebase to git. 1 repo for kdelibs and 3 for
kdebase (workspace, runtime, apps). My goal is to have it done this
month.

The goal is to have as accurate and complete history as possible
(while not letting perfection be the enemy of good). That might be a
bit complicated due to all the moves plasma went through, especially
in the early 4.0 timeframe. You all know kdebase the best so I'll be
asking for your help.

One question I have is, especially in light of the three requested
repos for kdebase, do we want pre-4.0 history in git? KOffice
specifically wants their 'deep history', but it might be less useful
for kdebase due to the huge amount of redesign.

Thanks,
Ian Monroe