[Kde-pim] SoC Updates -- Kontact and Skrooge Plasma Dashboards

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Apr 23 20:17:16 CEST 2010

On April 23, 2010, Marco Martin wrote:
> if after some tests on a working thing it seems that the newspaper is
> really what we need, i was thinking about making a more barebone
> containment out of it and put it in workspace/libs (uhm, runtime perhaps?)
> and subclass it with my custom toolbox and actions in the netbook (skrooge
> and kontact would do the same thing, or perhaps the base one could be
> enough)

if it's in kdebase-workspace, then other apps can't use it (skrooge, kontact).

if it's in kdebase-runtime, you can't subclass it (runtime is not a valid
build time dep)

so if something like custom toolboxes and actions are needed, then we need to
find a way to make those something that can be defined and provided by the
host app at runtime.

we do already have Containment::setToolBox, and Applet::addAction happens to
be public as well.

so it looks like we might already have all the pieces there.

humru othro a kohnu se