[Kde-pim] SoC Updates -- Kontact and Skrooge Plasma Dashboards

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 19:19:12 CEST 2010

On Friday 23 April 2010, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> if that results in the newspaper containment being "The One", then we'll
> move that containment to kdebase/runtime/plasma/containments/. we already
> have plasmapkg and the javascript Plasma::ScriptEngine in
> kdebase/runtime/plasma for the same reasons.

i generally agree about reinventing as less as possible and also in giving the
host application as little control as possible (cor coherency++)

if after some tests on a working thing it seems that the newspaper is really
what we need, i was thinking about making a more barebone containment out of
it and put it in workspace/libs (uhm, runtime perhaps?) and subclass it with
my custom toolbox and actions in the netbook (skrooge and kontact would do the
same thing, or perhaps the base one could be enough)

Cheers,
Marco Martin