Generic view widget for Plasma

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Sep 21 06:32:51 CEST 2009

On September 20, 2009, David Palacio wrote:
> > we already have one item delegate in libplasma, we i suppose we could
> > have another.
>
> I saw that. It does not work properly with a simple QStringListModel and
>  the View still feels out of place. The latter is because a delegate only
>  styles items, it misses the background and frame. That is why I think
>  extending the Plasma style is the best option.

if the view remains in libplasma, the style can be extended, sure. that may
not be necessary, though, depending on the approach. e.g. if you intend to
create a QGraphicsProxyWidget that proxies a QListView then yes, you'd need a
style. but i wonder what advantage there would be to that vs just creating a
nice Plasma::ListView that is a simple QGraphicsWidget?

> > exporting Plasma::Style is not an option as we have no idea whether that
> > what we can commit to in the longer term.
>
> Of course. But if view widgets were exported from kdelibs, they could use
>  the private extended style.

yes

humru othro a kohnu se