Now Playing & Urls

Petri Damstén petri.damsten at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 10:04:22 CEST 2009

On Friday 18 September 2009 20:04:22 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On September 17, 2009, Alex Merry wrote:
> > On Thursday 17 September 2009 18:05:59 you wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Not all script engines (e.g. webkit) can use QPixmap from the data and
> > > sometimes file path is useful (if artwork is not set I would like to
> > > show jpg from the same dir). This patch adds Url & ArtUrl fields to
> > > data. Ok to commit or should I find another solution?
> >
> > Well, the only thing that concerns me is that if the widget and engine
> > are on different machines (which is entirely possible, since one of the
> > GSoC projects was to allow just that), the URLs will not be valid for the
> > widget.
>
> that's correct; paths that are not reachable over the network are not ok if
> the widget is expected to be able to work over the network at all.
>
> one way to work around this would be to implement a system that lets one
>  open files using KIO via either the DataEngine or AccessManager which
>  would handle where to open the file from.
>
> but if this really is just to work around webkit not being able to access
> pixmap data, that's really something certainly can be worked around in the
> webkit script engine.

I can live without arturl but url would be handy even if it is not valid. If
there is no metadata I would like to use file name so there is something to
show to the user. Other option would be to set pattern in dataengine so it
could parse the directory and file name but I'm not sure if that belongs
there.

Petri