QCA2 and Remote Widgets

Dario Freddi drf54321 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 16:49:36 CEST 2009

Hello people,

we do have a problem! The new remote widgets in plasma are requiring QCA2 to
make things work out. The problem is that by now, QCA2 is an optional package
for KDELibs, and when it is not found, there are no checks in plasma that will
prevent things needing QtCrypto (the remotewidgets authorizer) from being
thrown off the build.

Rob, is it possible at the moment to compile libplasma without QCA2/Remote
Widgets? If so, please tell me how so that I can come up with a fix to this.
Otherwise, we have to get through k-c-d requesting another hard dependency for
KDELibs

--

Dario Freddi
KDE Developer