How to get Akonadi notes onto Plasma?

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 18:17:13 CEST 2009

On Thursday 22 October 2009, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get notes from Akonadi onto a plasma workspace.
>
> I've been reading some of the apidocs and I can't figure out if I need a
> data engine, whether I need one Plasma::Applet per note, whether I need a
> 'manager' plasmoid that manages all others, keeping them up to date, and
> adding/removing etc.
>
> In Akonadi I just create an EntityTreeModel which has api for all of that
> stuff. If I can forward those calls to plasma somehow, that would be good,
> but I need a starting point. Do I create my model in a Applet, or a Data
> Engine etc?
>
> Also, if that's completely the wrong track, please set me straight.
>
> All the best,
>
> Steve.

you can directly use it, or wrap around a dataengine (and doing a service for
writing new ones) not sure what makes more sense here.

for the notes i would do a sngle applet, with an extenderitem per note, so by
default they would all look stacked but they could be detached and dragged
around

Marco Martin