How to get Akonadi notes onto Plasma?

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 19:09:53 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to get notes from Akonadi onto a plasma workspace.

I've been reading some of the apidocs and I can't figure out if I need a
data engine, whether I need one Plasma::Applet per note, whether I need a
'manager' plasmoid that manages all others, keeping them up to date, and
adding/removing etc.

In Akonadi I just create an EntityTreeModel which has api for all of that
stuff. If I can forward those calls to plasma somehow, that would be good,
but I need a starting point. Do I create my model in a Applet, or a Data
Engine etc?

Also, if that's completely the wrong track, please set me straight.

All the best,

Steve.