Currencies and Countries. Was: Re: OT: Thanks!

Thomas Olsen tanghus at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 22:21:15 CEST 2009

On 17/10-2009 18:42 John Layt <johnlayt at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Saturday 17 October 2009 11:00:16 Thomas Olsen wrote:
> > From the top of my head it would be nice to have a national flag as well.
> >  Is that in KLocale already?
>
> That's another issue we've been kicking around for a while, we do have the
> full set of flags in kdebase/runtime/l10n under each country folder, just
> rather small and basic.  We plan to move to SVG based flags at some stage.
>
> While KLocale has no member that returns the flag, you can always rely on
>  all the flags being installed, see
> kdebase/runtime/kcontrol/locale/countryselectordialog.cpp line 287 for how
>  to access them.

Thanks. It was 30 second job to pythonize it :-)
This thread is getting rather non-plasma so maybe it should be moved to kde-
devel?
Well, anyways. I wanted to use the flags for my Google Translator Plasmoid and
couldn't figure out why only some of the flags showed up in the ComboBox. It
turned out that Google are using slightly different country codes than KDE uses
in l10n. Eg. Danish is "da" in Google Translate but dk in KDE. Isn't there
some kind of ISO standard or whatever for country codes?

http://code.google.com/apis/ajaxlanguage/documentation/reference.html#LangNameArray

--
Best Regards / Med venlig hilsen

  Thomas Olsen